Assign Staff, Badge & Role Individually
Updated: November 19, 2020
How to Assign the Staff, Badge, and Role Designations:
Follow along below for a step-by-step walkthrough of how to assign different designations to users within the venue.
Note: Only Admins can change or assign designations to users within the platform.
Tip: In this article, we will be demonstrating how to assign staff, badge, and role designations to users within your venue manually. If you are looking to assign these in bulk, check out our article, Assign Staff, Badge & Role in Bulk. If you would like an introduction to adding attendees manually, visit our article Add Attendees Individually.
1. Open your venue. Under the Administrator tab, click Attendees.
2. Once on the Attendees page, you will see a current list of people added to your venue. In the screenshot below, you can see the different sections of the Attendee page. The two that will be of importance to you are the Staff section and the Role section.
Note: The Badge column of the Attendees page is where you can assign people the role of Attendee or Speaker within the venue. As a Speaker, people can be added to the speaker portion of Sessions.
3. Navigate to the profile of the person whose role you would like to change. Then click the drop-down menu under the Role column. Here, you can change their role to either Admin, Contributor, or Member.
Caution: Unsubscribing someone will take them off the attendee list in your venue, but will not delete their account in Engagez. Do not do this unless you want to uninvite them from the event.
4. If you’d like to make them Venue Staff, use the dropdown menu in the Staff column and click Yes. This means in any interaction panel at the venue level, users designated here will show up as Staff.
Note: Venue Staff will be able to see the Who’s Online feature, even if you have it turned off for regular attendees. We do not recommend giving this access to exhibitors. Please see below for giving your exhibitors staff access to only their own booths.
Assign the Staff Role to Exhibitors:
1. To change an exhibitor’s Staff Status, you must go directly to the Exhibitor Booth to which you would like to assign them, and then navigate to Attendees. Find the profile of the person you would like to make Staff and then click the dropdown menu under the Staff column and change to Yes.
Caution: You must be at the Exhibitor Level of the venue to assign exhibitors, not the Venue Level. Always check which level you are in by the Back to Hall Item UI tag at the top of the Administer tab. This button will only appear at the Exhibitor Level.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.