Module 12: Static Pages
Updated: December 5, 2020
Welcome to Module 12 in our Engagez Fundamentals Series. In this video, our virtual assistant, Katie, will be giving us a step-by-step walkthrough of using the Static Pages in the Administer tab.
1. Open your venue. Under the Administer tab, choose Static Pages.
2. Static Pages are essentially pop-up pages that will appear anywhere in the venue whether link it to an image on a specific page or place it within the menu items.
3. Here is an example: In the dropdown menu on the menu item bar, you will see the label More. The Amazon Gift Card option is a static page that we have created and added to the venue.
When we click this option, the pop-up page will appear over the current page we are in. For this example, the pop-up page appears on top of the Resources page. Static pages are great for giving Attendees information on prizes, giveaways, and rules.
4. When you create a static page, you get to choose where it will go. If we click the Amazon Gift Card page from the Manage Static Pages list, we will see the title and the body text of the page.
If we scroll to the bottom, we will see an option called Check not to add this entry information navigation menu. By choosing this option, the static page will not appear in the menu bar.
5. These static pages are customizable. You can choose to include images and HTML code as well as text and links. To add HTML code, click View > Source Code.
6. Once you have created your static page, you can add it to the menu bar by going to any page and then going into UI Design.
Locate the Menu panel. Then from the dropdown list, choose Configure Menu Items.
Here, you can adjust the Location Menu Items as well as the Popup Menu Items. Turn them ON to feature them in the menu. You can also rename them and limit them to certain Access Groups. Once finished, press Submit.
Static pages are a great feature in the venue. You can add them to any images or anywhere in the venue that you want to include a URL.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.