Module 4: Features
Updated: November 30, 2020
Welcome to Module 4: Features, one of our videos in our Engagez Fundamentals Series. In this video and article, you will learn more about the Features page for admins in a venue. Follow along with our virtual assistant, Katie, as she teaches us how to utilize the Features platform on Engagez.
Note: Features is an extensive page. We encourage you to read through the entire page as the video and article cannot cover every aspect.
1. Open up your venue and go to Features under the Administer tab.
2. At the top of the page is the Pop-Up Menu. This is a series of menu items that can be found in the Menu bar.
3. To access the Menu bar mentioned above, click on UI Design, then find the Menu dropdown arrow. From the list, choose Configure Menu Items.
This pop-up panel will show you two different things. The section labeled Location Menu items will show you all of the locations and pages that you have already created.
The section below this called the Popup Menu Items will show you the same list from the Features page. This is also where you will find additional static pages that you have created. By far, the most widely-used pop-up is the Who’s Online option.
4. To locate the Who’s Online pop-up, navigate to the Menu bar while in the Administer tab, then click More and Who’s Online.
This will tell you who is currently in the venue and on what page they are located.
5. In the Features page, you can change a few options about the Who’s Online pop-up. To start, click on the pencil icon next to the Who’s Online option.
Here, you can restrict access to who can view that pop-up page, such as access groups, admin, and staff. You can choose whether to show an attendee location on the pop-up. We recommend leaving this checked if you plan on using location-specific broadcast messages.
6. Next, we will be exploring the Getting Started section of the Features page. Here, you can prompt first-time visitors (people who have never entered the venue) with a customized message. This pop-up message comes with an automatic Facebook and LinkedIn integration series of buttons. In the Welcome Message, you can add links and images and encourage visitors to take certain actions.
Note: Remember that anytime you change anything on this page or within the venue that you need to hit Save at the bottom of the page in order to keep the changes you made.
7. Now, we will be discussing the Miscellaneous section.
8. The Attendee Display options control attendees’ access to one another’s profiles and access to request a meeting with those people. This is a commonly used function, so most people will keep these turned on unless the venue creators prefer a webinar setting.
9. Another widely-used option is Video Call. This allows attendees to make video calls to other users within and through the platform, with up to nine people in a group call. For this feature to function, an attendee has to have access to other users’ profiles.
10. Manage Access Groups allows you to give certain groups of people access to content that you limit from others, such as VIP members who have access to premium sessions, pages, and resources that standard members do not. Once turned on, access groups can be configured in the Administer > Attendees and used throughout the platform.
11. Exhibitor Analytics allows exhibitors to pull analytics from their booth if they have Contributor or Admin status at the venue or exhibitor level. This status will also give them access to adding or deleting sessions within their booth, as well as adding resources to their booth.
12. The last feature from the Miscellaneous section to note is the Social Sharing option. This allows you to share certain content like Sessions or Resources on a wide range of social media platforms.
13. The text box that you see at the bottom of this section is often overlooked but it can be very important. It is often used by medical industries and more regulatory industries. This is an instruction for when someone chooses to edit their account.
For example, to edit your account, you will go to your icon/profile image in the upper right corner. From the dropdown menu, you will choose Profile/Account.
From there you would click Edit My Account.
The pop up will look something like this image below. If you would like to give attendees the opportunity to unsubscribe or opt out from certain information sharing, then you can use the text box to put that message there and link to any form of Engagez page.
14. The next section is Categorization. This is a useful section for customizability. Here, you can have users make use of their interest and industry tags.
You can use these tags by going into Edit Profile, then scroll down to the Interests and Industry sections.
15. Another great section on the Features page is the Audio, Video, & Chat section. This is where third-party platforms come in. Most clients prefer to use Zoom as their go-to. This section is where you can configure your Zoom settings by clicking the pencil icon. This is for a default Zoom account. It is not for one-offs or specific attendees. This is really for configuring your API.
Note: There are additional resources within our Support venue on how to access and connect Zoom to the platform.
16. One of the last sections here is the 3rd Party Online Registration and SSO. Zapier is where you can enable Eventbrite to come in and add your API key.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.