Grab the Add to Calendar Code
Updated: November 16, 2020
Follow along below to find out how to add clickable links for others to add events to their calendar in a single click.
1. Click on Emails on the left-side menu under the Administer tab.
2. Click on the edit button of Registration Confirmation Emails.
Note: The normal purpose of the Registration Confirmation option is for a custom-made registration confirmation email once registered in your venue. These steps do not pertain to writing or sending that email.
3. Ensure you place the following code phrase in your registration confirmation email:
4. With the registration confirmation email setup, click Save & Preview.
5. Put the name or email of the person setting up this calendar code. Then, click send.
Note: You will need to use an Outlook email (or another that lets you view HTML source code) to complete the rest of these steps.
6. Go to the Outlook email you sent the preview email to and open the preview email.
7. Right-click and select View source.
Note: When you open up the source, there may be a lot of code depending on how much content is in your venue’s registration confirmation email. Each code could look slightly different, so focus on the specific portions of code in the next steps.
8. In the source file, look for the words Links below to add the event to your calendar, and copy the code beginning with the <p> and </p> for that section.
Here’s the code in the example for reference:
<p><span>Use the links below to add the event to
your calendar:</span><br><a href="http://track.smtpsendmail.com/5027084/c?p=7L9SvF6ccWXXc0g4a3Ow96jC9VjD6I1l7tXQCknZEoSvgxc_APoC0atHJup_XcCvnwN0GFdZ1VwzhcUGcs3AW5oDOCVjTvgSqBm3fWPagCaawQbGFCLP6ZXZdBWQwZN7ldY4GXYz-GN58WDmKEsWSOyDfsVZcuYNdfXZ51gv_3UabZQ75LrS47K-kjm11kTv" title="Add to Outlook Calendar" style="padding-right:
Calendar</a> <a href="http://track.smtpsendmail.com/5027084/c?p=or1FeE2w0-QBGiMU5e3o3_7NOa7JyINWVmAyqO6lp_HNLfRBBltLD_sJLiAX7sIPk-ps3jDMYZvY-_STShxD8YTRaKHP6y1zVNvklhb2iYZjLMQr9izzogjw95BBF_tGSzqFlorwYRmg8Rwy4pNHwxqDxdY30N7KZtRquVcY-Dp5Y0-k3Wnp3dV9cEBggGOk" title="Add to Google Calendar" target="_blank" style="padding-right:
Calendar</a> <a href="http://track.smtpsendmail.com/5027084/c?p=BJ9AVhM54dwkQSila0mSRBUBpF53FtcyQC_MLPUxjv6YO7WtvUZMpH6m-6W2ZvOUqOA4rQhKky3P4vaGzgiOSJNZ28mcjzN-KmX9zffDHiio637j5tKHXZz8f_1SewzAvD_KXovDK5kwTDOD8Gh-tfAJprwFUjV2lNeOLmk_jFKnKur8t18B1bmyjtTCnwAP" title="Add to Other Calendar" style="text-decoration:none;">Other
Note: The preview email is important in creating the links in the HTML code connecting back to your venue. If you just copy and paste the code above, you will not successfully integrate this feature.
9. Once you have copied the HTML code for this plugin, you should test the code in Engagez. On the left-hand side menu, go to Manage then click on Static pages.
10. Click Add New Static Page or use a previously existing one to paste the HTML code.
11. On the static page, click on View and then Source Code.
12. Paste the copied calendar source code from earlier into the Source Code box. Then click the Save button.
13. Review the result to make sure that these steps were followed successfully. You should see the same links you had in the original Outlook email. Additionally, test the links.
If everything works, you have successfully added calendar codes! Place the source code wherever you need to for your uses.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.