Venue vs Location Image
Updated: November 16, 2020
Caution: Within the Engagez platform, you are able to set an image for the venue as a whole and use another image for a location; however, this often leads to a conflict between the two images.
Follow along to the video above or read the article below to find out how to resolve this conflict.
Example of Venue vs Location Image Conflict: Below is an image that highlights the venue vs location image conflict. The image shows that there is an overall venue graphic, but you cannot see it unless you look at the base of the screen beneath the Partner Showcase panel. This happens because I have another image, the image of a conference hall, placed in the current location. As a result, this covers the venue graphic.
Here’s how you can find and remove the venue graphic if you would rather have a location image:
1. Open up the venue and click on the UI Design tab. Then click on the screen until you see a light blue box that borders the location screen. In the upper left hand corner of the location, there will be a small blue box labeled Venue.
2. Click the drop down arrow for Venue. From list, click on Edit Style.
3. This will pull up the Edit Venue pop-up. From here, you can remove the venue graphic by deleting the image in the section called Desktop Background, Then hit submit to save your changes.
4. If you would rather remove the graphic from the location, here’s how: While still on the UI Design tab, instead of opening up the Venue drop down list, click around until you get the location’s drop down list. In the screenshot below, my location’s list is under Home Location because I am currently in the home page.
5. From the drop down menu, choose Edit Style.
6. In this Edit Home drop down menu, you can either change the graphic or remove it completely to resolve the venue vs. location image conflict.
Tip: Using a venue image is best for a layout that uses the feature that limits the location background extent. Click Here to read the article about how to use this feature.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.