Book a Meeting on Engagez
Updated: November 22, 2020
Attendees can book meetings with any other user by finding the user’s profile and clicking the Book a Meeting link under their name. Follow the steps below to book a meeting like a pro!
Personal Meeting Link
1. If you already use a meeting booking software like Calendly, HubSpot, or Doodle, you can add this to your profile. When another attendee books a meeting with you, they will be redirected to the URL you specify and it will appear on your personal calendar.
2. To add this URL to your profile, click your profile icon in the upper right corner. Navigate to Profile / Account > Edit Profile and paste the meetings link into the box labeled Book a Meeting.
Create Appointment Slots
1. If you want to specify certain times you are available, you can create back-to-back meeting slots for any interval with the same location (like a default meetings link). You can also add a default description, which is customizable in each meeting later on. Click Set Available Meeting Times to get started.
Tip: Once you create the back-to-back meetings, feel free to delete some slots to give yourself a refresher break!
2. New meeting slots will appear in green, and users will see all options listed when they choose to book a meeting with you. Customize a meeting by clicking the green box.
3. When a user requests a meeting with you, the appointment slots will show up next to their time slots.
Engagez Meetings Tool
1. If you’d prefer to use the Engagez Meeting tool to book a meeting immediately, click on any profile, and choose More > Book a Meeting. If the user has not specified their own meetings link in their profile, you will be directed to a Message box allowing you to request a meeting and give optional meeting times that fit your schedule.
2. Customize the message to your preferences and add two or more meeting options in the When section. Click Send to invite the user to choose a meeting option, a message that will send to their email and appear in the Messages area of their profile dropdown.
Choose a Meeting Option
3. When the user receives the invitation, they will be prompted to pick a meeting time.
4. They will then see the Create Meeting button and will have the option to customize the message and location before confirming. The location will default to Video Call Inside Event but can be changed to a link for another video conferencing platform like Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Google Meet.
Confirm the Meeting and Add to Calendar
5. Once the user clicks Create, all parties will receive an email with the meeting details. The email will have several Add to Calendar links with the meeting details and URL location, and the dropdown below will have these links available to the meeting creator immediately after the meeting information is sent.
6. Meeting information can also be accessed by either party by clicking the user’s profile image in the upper right corner and navigating to Meetings.
Note: For venue admins, this dropdown menu item will only be available on a front end page of your venue.
Attend the Meeting
7. The Meetings button will open all scheduled meetings and allow you to customize your view by day, week, month, or Upcoming/Past meetings. When your meeting is a few minutes away, you will see a countdown clock. When it’s time for the meeting to start, click the button labeled Click to Attend.
8. You will now be able to interact with other invited attendees, up to nine users total in a single room. Turn your video on or off, mute yourself, add participants, and share your screen right from the meeting room.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.