Video Chats: One-on-One & Small Group
Updated: February 4, 2021
Note: This is for video chats with 2-9 participants. For 10-50 participants, see Video Chats: Large Group, coming in February 2021.
Follow along for a step-by-step walkthrough on how to set up video chats with other users within the Engagez platform. These can be one-on-one or in a group.
Note: When using video chats, we suggest using Chrome or Firefox as it often provides the best video quality on the platform.
1. Exhibitors can create group video chats with Attendees in their booths. Additionally, any user is able to set up one-on-one video chats with other users in the venue.
2. Begin by going to the “Who’s Online” tab in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Note: Some admins choose to disable this page; it can be enabled by navigating to Administer > Features > Who’s Online. This is not strictly necessary, however, as any Social Lounge Panel in the venue will also give attendees access to one another.
3. This will open a pop-up panel of all users who are currently online, including their current location within the venue.
Note:Admins can disable the venue location visibility by navigating to Administer > Features > Who’s Online. Please note that disabling this feature will make location-based broadcasts unavailable. See our article, Broadcast Messages to Attendees for details.
4. Click on the user you would like to create a one-on-one chat with then click Video Call.
5. This will open a One-on-One Video Call in a new tab.
6. The icons at the top right of the screen allow you to mute yourself, turn on/off your camera, and share your screen. The phone icon will allow you to hang up.
Note: If you have trouble sharing your screen, download the Engagez Screen Sharing browser extension and turn it on.
7. To create a group call with multiple people, click the user icon in the top right-hand corner.
8. Then Invite Others by typing in the first and last name of the person or people you would like to invite. Then click Invite.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at email@example.com. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.